With over seven years experience working in Media, I have developed and honed my skills as a freelance video editor and filmmaker. I began by completing my Media degree in Madrid, and then undertook a filmmaking course at ‘New York Film Academy’ in L.A. In 2010 I moved to London to become a full-time video editor. Whilst here, I enrolled on a BTEC course in ‘Creative Media Production’, and later achieved an ‘Apple Certified in Final Cut Pro X’.
Over the last few years, I have been involved in a wide variety of productions, including directing, editing, and producing an award-winning short film called ‘L’. I worked with production companies such as ‘One Hundred Eighty’, ‘Love Productions’ and ‘Mulberry MC’, and have been able to prove myself in multiple roles, from camera operator to DIT to video editor. The content I have worked on has been used by channels such as the BBC, Channel 4, and Cartoon Network for shows including ‘The Great British Bake Off’ and ‘Great British Food Revival’.
- Expert skills in ‘Final Cut Pro X’ & ‘Final Cut Pro X Certified’ by Apple
- Professional skills in Adobe Premiere (own suite).
- Working knowledge of Avid Media Composer 6.
- Basic knowledge of Motion 5 / After Effects.
- Own editing station and suite
- Camera Operator (Sony FS700 & Canon DSLRs)
Chris’ editing skills have helped ‘Snowcarbon’ create films that help inspire and inform – turning good footages into real stories. I’d highly recommend them and am looking forward to future projects together.
June 2016. Dan Elkan, Managing Director at SnowCarbon
Chris is one of the best video editors I have worked with. He’s extremely organised, and always willing to hear feedback. His work is exceptional and always delivered extremely fast. I have managed Chris for a year, during which he started with only video editing, and then moved onto actually shooting the videos, prepping the room, preparing and briefing the people on what to say and do. He’s an absolute professional, and I know that if I ever need any video work done, he will be my first port of call.
March 2016. Maggie Strzelecka, Head of Customer Service at Kwanji & Tutorfair
Chris has done various stints at our in-house post facility. He has always been a pleasure to work with, implementing that Canary Island sunshine into his bright demeanor, and open attitude to work. He’s never shy of learning new things, and will always get the job done, not being one of those ‘I finish at 6’ people. He’s proficient at Avid and I suspect much more, because of listening to him passionately talk about film-making in general.
Oct 2015. Sean Schmölz, Head of Post Production at Outline Productions
Really happy to have chosen Chris Santana to work with. Really pro, working around our schedule to find the best time to film aboard. The video has come out really nicely, with even unexpected 3d shots, and it has been a huge impact to our business. I couldn’t be grateful enough.
June 2015. Jorge Gallardo, G.M. at Bar&Co London
We were recently commissioned to produce a new 26-part series for Cartoonito. The multi-camera series is being shot on HD, so we badly needed someone with a thorough knowledge of HD processes to transfer material from memory cards to a number of hard drives and oversee delivery to our editors. Christian has exactly the skills we needed, as well as being a very able camera assistant and all-round thoroughly nice guy. He slotted straight into the 2 Sides ‘family’ and I will have no hesitation in asking him back for our second block of studio shooting in October. Top qualities: Personable, On Time, High Integrity.
August 2011. Catherine Robins hired Chris as a Digital assistant
Latest Work Experience
- VIDEO EDITOR for Imperative Space - editing/supervising video documentaries/chapter tutorials (2016, London)
- VIDEO EDITOR for Cherryduck Productions - creating corp. videos for brands such as ‘Pantene’ & ‘Superdrug’ (2016, London)
- VIDEO EDITOR - for several short film projects including the Festival shortlisted ‘The Awakening’ (2016, London)
- VIDEO EDITOR for One Hundred Eighty - creating corporate videos for businesses such as ‘ASI’ & ‘EcoConnect’ (2012/16, London)
- VIDEO EDITOR for TutorFair Ltd - several projects including weekly updates and induction videos for each tutor. (2015/16, London)
- VIDEO EDITOR for Mulberry MC (London, UK). (Nov. 2015) & Snowcarbon Ltd (London, UK). (Nov. 2014/15)
- ASSISTANT VIDEO EDITOR & LTO for Love Productions (London, UK) – digitizing and logging footage for BBC’s ‘Great British Bake Off’ (July 2014)
- ASSISTANT VIDEO EDITOR for Outline Productions located at Highgate Studios (London, UK) – digitizing and transcoding. (Sept. 2013)